Here is an abbreviated list of ways I am currently failing at life:
1) I have totally forgotten how to sleep. Ask me how that's working for me.
2) I was given some really good, productive advice on improving my new book. Every time I open said word document which may or may not eventually become an actual book? I stare at the page blankly. Sometimes I cry. I know what I want to say but I have no idea how to say it and that feels very, very bad.
3) I have to make decisions about three huge, major, life-altering things.
Sometime this week would be good.
It's not going well.
4) Some people that I really love are in some really craptacular situations right now and there is nothing I can do to make it better. I hate being helpless.
5) Similarly? There are some really rank people out there right now living the high life and I want to stab them in the face. Pretty sure Jesus wouldn't be cool with that.
6) I have good friends and I am thankful for them, but I'm totally failing at making more friends. Like this one person that I always thought was a friend? Is now acting all weird. I really hate when people act all weird. Unless it's the good kind of weird. I like that, obviously.
7) I keep forgetting that we have a male guest in my office this week. Thus, I keep using words like "butt floss" conversationally. FAIL.
8) My toenail is growing back in which should be a total YAY but it's not because it really freaking hurts when I try to run.
9) One of my children's teachers died and I have just absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to say to the pair of them about it. Even worse, she died of cancer and that's a huge topic of conversation in our house lately. "Will you die of cancer someday mom? I don't want you to die". Sucks. God. SUCKS.
10) I am actually posting this as though anyone gives a crap. ANOTHER FAIL.