So on Sunday? It will be the childrens birthday.
(Birthdays? Or birthday? Can you believe they are going to be 12 and I still have no idea which way is correct? Where have I been doing with all this time? Sitting on my butt and eating bon-bons?)
I've been having a slight panic attack regarding this, for a couple of reasons:
1) OH MY GOD how is it possible that these people:
Are now these people:
There is something PROFOUNDLY WRONG with this, as I am fairly certain I only gave birth to them like twenty-five minutes ago. I blame Al Gore and his global warming for this tragedy.
2) We don't really do parties or anything (after one failed attempt during which we realized that their birthday will always and forever fall on or around Spring Break), but I did tell them they could invite some friends over for sleepovers. The hormone level in our home is already reaching maximum capacity and I am loathe to add even more to it.
3) WAH! MY BABIES ARE GROWING UP AND WILL SOON DISLIKE ME.
4) Cake. Lots of cake. I really like cake, as evidenced by my thighs, but I really don't want cake in my house right now.
Unfortunately I'm like the best mom ever of all time and have insisted from the beginning that each child get their own birthday cake. If they weren't twins they would have their own cake, right? So why penalize them for being born on the same day? They can't help it.
(Can you tell I have serious middle child issues? I so do)
Thus, we'll have an assload of cake.
I'm trying to convince the children they REALLY want cake balls. Or brownies. Or cupcakes. Or something that I can bring to work and give to my co-workers before the children wake up and realize what I've done.
5) Guess who, despite being the best mom in the world, has still not gotten her children anything for their birthday(s)? Hint: IT'S ME.
So. What are you doing this weekend?