1) It's pretty much Stephanie's law that if I have to drive to an unfamiliar place? It's going to start pouring the rain.
2) Also Stephanie's law? I will get lost.
3) More than once.
4) And then? My pants legs will get completely soaked.
5) Citizens of Nashville, I fear for you. I stopped a police officer to get directions because I was lost and when I gave him the landmark he LITERALLY pointed and said, "I think it's over there somewhere". I AM NOT KIDDING. If there are any crimes committed there? You guys are screwed. Even the POLICE CAN'T FIND YOU.
6) Best thing about the Southern Festival of Books? Lauretta Hannon. I had the honor of being co-presenters with her and I seriously wish I could have put her in my purse and taken her home. The moment we met we were just cracking up and she is WONDERFUL. She is an amazing public speaker, an amazing storyteller, and just an all around amazing person. You need her book. Badly.
7) They gave out bottles of Jack Daniels in the author gift bags. I'M TOTALLY NOT KIDDING.
8) I gave Lauretta my Jack and she put in her "CO-COLLLLLA!" (Also a funny story, but I guess you had to be there). During the presentation.
9) Did I mention I loved her?
10) Also, she replaced my Jack.
11) My hostess Nancy was SO FABULOUS. Nancy, if you ever read this? I'm sorry about my slightly frantic message on your voice mail. You will be happy to know I found the parking garage, found my car, and even found the road to get home. Thank you.
12) I went to the author hospitality tent and a very sweet older lady told me that I could go the bathroom, but I had to be VERY QUIET. Because there were people WORKING. And she didn't even KNOW me, y'all. I guess I just give off that REALLY LOUD vibe.
13) I think it's my hair.
14) Which was not looking great, by the way. Stupid rain.
15) I got to read from my book.
16) I read the part about the birds.
17) I yelled and probably scared some of the old women in the back.
18) We were in the Capitol Library. Which was SPECTACULARLY FANCY.
19) Did I say it was awesome?
20) It was awesome.